Thursday, April 08, 2010

I'm Not Like All the Others...

No, no, not at all. Many artists have powerful observational skills. I don't seem to have those. Sometimes, if I concentrate on it, I can maintain it for awhile, but most of the time it's like my eyes are just there for decoration, or simply to fill what would otherwise be really off-putting holes in my face.

I was on my way to work this morning when, in the side mirror, I noticed that I had left the little door to the gas tank-- the fuel door, I guess-- open 21 hours earlier when I last filled up. I didn't notice it at the gas station. I didn't notice it on the the drive home. I didn't notice it when I went outside to walk the dogs. I didn't notice it when I took out the trash. I didn't notice it when I got in the car this, bright, sunny morn. No. I was on the freeway, about 15 minutes in to my morning commute when I saw it.

I won't call it a miracle, but somehow the gas cap was still there... you see, it isn't attached to the car. When you take it off to fill up, you have to slide it into this sort of slot in the back of the door where it barely hangs on by it's threads. And, that's where it was when I finally got off the freeway and pulled over-- though it had slipped a bit and could have lost its grip entirely if not for my quick action.

Ye gods, what a boring story!!! You've been duped again. There's nothing of value here, is there? Hmmm, what can I do to fix it? Let's see... nothing I guess. The damage is done. Time to just move on. Sorry.

2 comments:

becky said...

Yeah, I don't notice crap in my environment, either. Glad I'm not the only one. I've been working at the same place for years now on and off, and a few weeks ago was the 1st time I noticed there was a li'l palm tree in the parking lot there.

Jeff G said...

'..let's see...'

we love you kenny!