Friday, August 28, 2009

If it Makes You Feel Any Better

All right. I drew a very nice version of this yesterday, and then my computer froze and I lost the whole thing. So, here's a lame, ugly, 2-minute recreation for you.

My point is this: When someone's having a tough time, and you say, "If it makes you feel any better..." you should stop, and punch yourself in the throat because NO MATTER WHAT, telling someone about your problems doesn't make them feel better. It just doesn't. Maybe you have the best intentions and you want to help them put things in perspective, but you fail. Just stop it.

If anything, it just adds to the pain. "Oh, you have pain? Here's some of my pain to think about." Don't do that!

Thank you.

2 comments:

david said...

if it makes you feel any better, i still think this drawing is hilarious. hahaha

i liked this post and feel like it should be included in your book along with the description.

Unknown said...

That's not true. When I told you yesterday that the bug-bite I got was really itching and you said, "if it makes you feel better my genital worts are itchy as well," that made me feel better.