Friday, April 11, 2008

Confrontation



Remember those Al Jaffee comics in Mad Magazine called "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions"? Here's my tribute to Al.

The other day I was going to lunch with a friend, and as I drove through the parking garage of the restaurant, I saw that someone in a pickup truck was backing out in front of me. So, I just waited for him to finish backing out and go on his way. As he passed by he said, "You got a problem???" This came from completely out of the blue, and all I could think to say was, "No, I was just waiting for you to back out." I wish I'd come up with one of the snappy answers you see here.

What happened next, though, was kind of exciting: My friend yelled "F*CK You!!!" At the guy, and then the guy said, "What did you say?" To which my friend replied, "I said F*CK YOU!!!" Then the guy said something else, and blah blah blah. Nothing happened. Sorry.

5 comments:

david said...

dude

the second one

is pretty damn fucking hilarious.

i might have to steal (borrow) that.

nice drawing too.

Holley T said...

I'm going to have to remember that one too :)

becky said...

Yeah, man, those're good. 'Course, Fuck You always works well, when yer in a bind.

Dominic said...

When the Al Jaffee "Snappy Answers" fail, follow the Al Jaffee "Mad Fold-In" procedure:

Remove the idiot from his pickup truck, fold him vertically and inward to reveal a new "hidden" contorted body of pain and suffering - as well as a new comment: "Sorry, sir. I'm the one who's got a problem."

Sharon Spotbottom said...

Problem? Well mate where to begin i mean, heck there's the problem with the ozone layer, the problem with pots calling kettles black, the problem with plastic filling the oceans and land fills, the problem of amateurs riding around in human form, and don't even get me started on the problem of annoying itches that just won't go away.
Yeah, i guess i do have a problem. :))