Monday, January 29, 2007

Automaton


I'm back at work today, and a friend of mine gave me a DVD called "A Sore for Sighted Eyes" (it can be found at www.TVCarnage.com) and I watched it. It's just a bunch of shitty TV clips edited together and it goes on for over an hour, but it left me brain a wee bit scrambled for the rest of the day. Now everyone (especially myself) seems like some kind of puppet/dummy/mannequin, and all of our motivations seem so transparent and predictable and obvious. Uggh, horrible! (I secretly like it, though!)

I know what you're thinking, and maybe you're right--it's the Vicodin, fool! It could be, I guess, but I haven't taken one since Friday. I think TV is a far more potent drug, anyway.

6 comments:

Sharon Spotbottom said...

I'd rather see a video of your knee carnage.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how that stuff can get inside your brain. I never watch teevee during the daytime cuz it makes me all depressed and tangle brained.

Vincent Waller said...

I wasn't thinking what you thought I was thinking, That's just what I wanted you to think I was thinking.

Dominic said...

U Robot

Anonymous said...

I like to think of TV Carnage as a kind of vaccine against bad television: it's a small but concentrated dose of the very worst of television, combined in a way to give your system a jolt instead of lulling you into complacency, as television in its regular format usually does. Perhaps what you are experiencing is akin to the sensation of being jolted out of the matrix. Or ... it's just a sip of thought control's sweet elixir. Well either way, happy birthday, fool!http://www.ncrnews.

Aaron Paetz said...

We all feel that way once in a while. I hope your knee feels better and hope to see you on the bike again!